Values & Beliefs
Values & Beliefs
Factors that drive and shape Voice Of Hope Church are the principles that we hold onto as we reach-out to communities & nations.
- We value the Bible; as our final principle in all matters of belief and practice.
- We value worship; people motivated by their love for God and wanting to passionately worship Him in truth.
- We value excellence; doing everything in the best possible way to bring glory to God.
- We value the work of the Holy Spirit; His gifts, presence and empowerment in every aspect of life.
- We value the grace of God by which we are saved and changed to become like Jesus. Grace means we can continue in the Christian journey and be with God eternally.
- We value the kingdom of God; and its dynamic power impacting every aspect of communities and nations, bringing an authentic God centred counter-culture to various aspects of life.
- We value relationship; a dynamic and growing church community where people can demonstrate a practical and sacrificial love for one another in open, honest and accountable friendships.
- We value marriage; a life-long covenant between a man and a woman given by God to be honoured and cherished.
- We value family; The God-given context in which children are raised and others can be cared for.
- We value discipleship; equipping people to share the good news about Jesus, and make others disciples.
- We value leadership; leaders marked by a servant heart, grace, humility, calling and full of the Holy Spirit.
- We value healing; people being made whole physically, emotionally, spiritually and relationally.
- We value social justice; a concern for the poor, the disadvantaged and suffering by demonstrating practical help and generous giving.
- We value generosity; time, energy, skills, resources and money to build and extend God's kingdom.
- We value prayer; demonstrating our utter dependence on God and desire for intimacy with Him.
- We value creativity; using God-given talents, imagination and initiatives to make a difference in the world.
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
We believe that the Bible, including all of the books of the Old and New Testaments, is the infallible and inspired Word of God. The Bible is the final authority on all matters to which it speaks. It is the source of all doctrine, instruction, and correction. (Psalm 19:7-11, 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of voluntary disobedience, he fell from innocence and purity. So that now, there is salvation by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. (John 3:16; Romans 5)
We believe that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily and grow in our faith constantly. It requires dependence upon the Holy Spirit and a willingness to die to personal desires and passions, to remain faithful through all of life’s circumstances. (1 Thes. 5:23; 2 Cor. 3:18; 2 Cor. 6:14-18; Rom. 8:29; Rom. 12:1-2; Heb. 2:11; Heb. 6:1)
We believe in the divine personhood of the Holy Spirit. His present day ministry includes, giving believers spiritual gifts and empowering them to serve the Kingdom of God. (Acts 1:8; Ephesians. 5:18; 1 Cor. 1; 1 Cor. 12:1-22; Gal. 5:16-24).1 Cor. 12-14, Rom. 12 and Ephesians. 4:11-12.
We believe that Baptism, by immersion in water, is an outward expression of an inward commitment to faith in Jesus Christ.
We believe the commemoration of the Lord’s Supper, is a symbolic form of worship to our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matt. 28:19; Acts 8: 35-38; 1 Cor. 11:24-25)
We believe in the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection of believers, and the final judgment. (Matt. 24:30; Acts 1:9-11; I Thes. 4:15-17; Rev. 1:7).